Monday, January 12, 2009

Attack of the vampire bugs... something vaantss my blood!!!

I have been invaded by a tribe of blood sucking bugs that leave bloody trails across my linen!!!! It would be funny if it were not for the small welts across my arms! I Have pretty much spent the grater part of today turning my room upside down, it smells like an over sanitized (if there is such a thin) hospital room.

The scene:

I rise from my bed careful not to get my feet tangled with the extension cord, walk towards the partially opened door out towards the bathroom where a can of Dybug sits behind half empty bottles of face creams and shampoo.
I note that time stretches and expands, crawls and creeps and howls at every chance it gets and little bugs will take any chance they get to invade and suck the very blood that some other bugs are busy populating. I smile at the irony of my situation and grab the can of Dybug. It’s supposed to be odorless, so manybe the rest of the people i live with will not be gagging from the bug poison. Okay, maybe i should get some sort of mask over my face, i have been known to be quick to retch and hurl It does not matter what i eat, it all comes out green and sticky and smelly like pond scum.
My sister walks by, eyes me standing with big yellow bug spray thinking about throwing up versus another night of fighting bloodsuckers. I think i can hold my breath for five minutes or so while i empty the can into the room. I’ll have to close the door and hope that whatever odor dissipates in a few minutes or so while i sit in the family room and watch television. Aim, fire, quick retreat.

No comments:

Post a Comment